- A’s – GM Billy Beane continues to defend his wheeling and dealing in the season’s second half, despite Oakland being unable to advance from wild-card game.
- Nationals – Stephen Strasburg will throw the opening game of the NLDS against the Giants. Strasburg is 9-3 with a 2:56 ERA this year at Nationals Park.
- Giants – Jake Peavy, 33, whose been one of team’s best starters of late, gets the nod in Washington.
- Angels – Matt Shoemaker will start the second game of the ALDS against Kansas City as L.A. tries to equal series after squandering numerous late-inning chances in opener.
- Royals — Pesky Royals ride Moustakas HR in 11th to another dramatic victory.
- Tigers – Down a game in the ALDS and burned their beat pitcher: Matt Scherzer.
- Orioles – Eight in the eighth was more than enough for high-flying Birds in ALDS opener.
- Twins – Will talk to Doug Mientklewicz about managerial opening.
- NFL — Former U.S. District Judge Barbara S. Jones has been appointed to hear Ray Rice’s appeal of his indefinite suspension handed down by the NFL.
- Cowboys — Defensive back C.J. Spillman continues to practice as he awaits the results of a police investigation regarding his involvement in a sexual assault that took place last month.
- Nets – Team owner talking to Dodgers owner about combining assets.
- Kentucky – Four players have been suspended from the team and charged with disorderly conduct.
- Mississippi – The NCAA is looking at Ole Miss regarding potential infractions.