- Orioles – Nelson Cruz’s two-run HR is enough to put the Birds in the ALCS for the first time since 1997.
- Tigers – Are eliminated by the Orioles after their three Cy Young Award winners fail to produce a victory.
- Angels – After making the playoffs for the first time in four years the Angels are quickly shown the door, swept by the surging Royals.
- Royals – Kansas City proving it can win the way it wants — good pitching, small ball, defense and a timely hits.
- Nationals — There’s a chance Ryan Zimmerman could be in the lineup Monday night.
- UCLA – Dropped 10 spots to No. 18 after getting beat at home by Utah.
- USC – Has fallen from the top 25 after getting stunned by visiting Arizona State.
- Mississippi – The state’s two biggest schools, Mississippi and Mississippi State, tied for third in the AP polls after their upsetson Saturday. Mississippi beat Alabama; Mississippi State took down Texas A&M.
- Captain Tom Watson took full responsibility for the latest US defeat in the Ryder Cup.