– FOOTBALL –
- RB Arian Foster (hamstring) is expected to play Thursday against the Colts. But the status of WR Andre Johnson (ankle) is questionable.
- Both top quarterbacks, Carson Palmer (nerve damage) and Drew Stanton (concussion), were limited in practice.
- Could be without LT Michael Roos because of a knee injury…QB Jake Locker (thumb) is hoping to practice on Thursday.
- Indy could be out two starting guards when it faces the Texans on Thursday night.
- TE Julius Thomas was fined $8,268 for his chop block on Arizona’s Calais Campbell.
- RB Adrian Peterson has a Dec. 1 tentative trail date for his felony child abuse charges…All signs point to QB Teddy Bridgewater returning from his ankle injury and starting against the Lions.
- WR A.J. Green aggravated his toe injury and could miss Sunday’s game against the Panthers.
- Coach Jim Caldwell said he is considering sitting WR Calvin Johnson (ankle) down this week.
- QB Michael Vick, who played in the second half of Sunday’s loss to the Chargers, said he didn’t prepare himself properly in the days leading up to the game.
- S Ryan Clark said the team isn’t taking losing lightly despite reports otherwise in the wake of Monday’s loss to Seattle.
- CB Ron Brooks has avoided what looked to be a serious neck injury from Sunday’s game.
- NFL Commission Roger Goodell said he’s not sure if he testify in the upcoming hearings regarding Ravens RB Ray Rice.
– BASEBALL –
- Will add OF Michael Morse to the roster for Friday’s opener in the NLCS against the Cardinals. Morse has been out with a strained oblique….The starting pitchers for the Giants, in order, are Madison Bumgarner, Jake Peavy and Tim Hudson.
- The plan is to start Adam Wainwright in Game 1, but if his cranky elbow doesn’t allow it, the Cards will go to Lance Lynn.
- Team has had second try out for Cuban slugger Yasmany Tomas, a 23-year-old outfielder.
- Early chatter is in the wake of L.A. being eliminated that manger Don Mattingly is safe but GM Ned Colletti, not so much…Josh Beckett is learning toward retirement because of issues with his hip.
- GM backs manager Robin Ventura despite consecutive sub-.500 seasons.
- Promoted Jeff Bridich to general manager after Dan O’Dowd stepped down.
– NBA –
- Four players were suspended a game for leaving the bench during an altercation in Monday’s exhibition game against the Bulls.