- RB Ronnie Brown was signed in the wake of Donald Brown suffering a concussion in Sunday’s win. Brown was released recently by the Texans…C Trevor Robinson was signed as the team remains uncertain when Rich Ohrnberger (back) will return. It’s possible rookie Chis Watt could make his NFL starting debut on Sunday in Oakland. C Doug Legursky was put on IR…S Adrian Phillips was put on the practice squad.
- Interim coach Tony Sparano buried a football to represent the team’s first quarter of the season — one which produced zero wins….Free-agent RB Ray-Ray Armstrong was signed.
- K Matt Prater has likely found a new home in Detroit after being cut by the Broncos.
- Gave CB Champ Bailey a try out as they scramble with a banged-up secondary.
- Signed CB Dennis Dixon to the practice squad.
- Thin at running back, the team is auditioning several players, including ex-Lion Mikel LeShoure.
- Dodger Stadium could be a temporary venue for a team or teams if the league figures out how to build a stadium in the LA-area. There are reports a plan will be presented in the next 12-24 months.
- It doesn’t just seem like St. Louis is always deep into the playoffs — it is. It heads to the NLCS for the fourth straight year and ninth occasion since 2000 after Matt Adams’ three-run HR in the seventh inning eliminated the Dodgers in Game 4.
- Clayton Kershaw, after losing three games in the regular season, lost his second one in the postseason as the Cards got him again in Game 4…Manager Don Mattingly let himself open to second-guessing by benching CF Yasiel Puig.
- At least one of the four California teams stay alive as S.F. advances to the the NLCS on Saturday in St. Louis. That’s seven straight playoff series win for the Giants.
- Best record in NL doesn’t translate in the playoffs after being ousted by Giants
- It appears Yordano Ventura will start Game 2 against Baltimore.
- Prized prospect LHP Daniel Norris will undergo elbow surgery.
- Team is looking into re-signing 3B Chase Headley.
- LAPD officer Alex Arredondo has been upgraded from critical to serious condition after he was involved in a weekend altercation after a playoff game.
- The visiting Trojans (3-2) are unranked but favored over No. 10 Arizona (5-0) on Saturday.
- The Seminoles could be without top RB Karlos Williams and WR Rashad Greene against Syracuse this weekend because of injuries.
- Coach Mike MacIntyre was fine $10,000 by the Pac-12 for inappropriate conduct toward officials followingSaturday’s loss to Oregon State.
NOTRE DAME: Blue-chip QB Brandon Wimbush flipped his commitment from Penn State to the Irish.