Headlines you should know about the Chargers Stadium Debate.
Mayor Kevin Faulconer “State of City” Address tonight at 6pm
- Will address the Convention Center Expansion project.
- Discuss the Coastal Commission efforts to block the expansion project.
- Discuss a Court ruling blocking use of hotel tax on that project for a new Convention Center.
- Discuss the decision to scrap a multi-purpose Stadium that could be used for tourism-conventions-hotel industry dead set against it…
- Discuss the Chargers bid for NFL Stadium at Wonder Bread Factory sight adjacent to Petco Park.
- Discuss meetings with JMI which is proposing a Convention Center annex-Stadium deal funded by extension Hotel Tax.
- Discuss situation of toxic cleanup at Qualcomm Stadium sight.
- Discuss the land value of Qualcomm and the Sports Arena sight.
- Discuss the threat of the Chargers leaving for Los Angeles and the overtures the Rams have made to build in LA.