- NFL sends out 2,000-survey packets to corporations in Southern Calfornia, asking about business interest in supporting an NFL franchise….would they buy skyboxes and luxury suites…would be buy PSL for top seats in stadium…do they want expansion franchise or a move in franchise…what is best location for the stadium.
- NFL’s newest exec, Lisa Friel, the former Sex Crimes Prosecutor, says it may take another 4-months before NFL adopts a new “Code of Conduct” for players arrested, indicted, convicted of wide variety of crimes. Says NFL has to prevent ‘rush to judgment. NFL must protect due process. League must not have ‘knee jerk reactions’. Biggest fear if you ban players from league immediately, women may stop filing reports, because it might end player’s careers….Believes in 2nd chance with players.
- British Treasury Secretary says the country is willing to help the NFL come up with financial plan to put a fulltime franchise into London.
- Appeals Judge refuses to remove judge named to conduct the Adrian Peterson-child abuse trial….Lawyers wanted judge removed after he called Peterson’s lawyers “Media Whores” for interviews given about the case.
- NFL introduces a new category of potential Hall of Fame candidates….”Contributors candidates” for their input into success of the league….First two names placed on the ballot…Green Bay Packers GM and longtime scout Ron Wolf…..Bill Polian, who built Super Bowl teams in Buffalo and Indianapolis.