- NFL owners are preparing a proposal that any team that is given a Super Bowl to host, as part of the deal, will have to give up a home game to be played in London, as the league moves forward to try and build a European following. Owners discussed playing as many as 7-games in Europe during the season.
- Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has written a ‘not guilty’ plea to felony child abuse charges filed against him in the spanking with a stick of his 4-year old son. A December lst trial is scheduled.
- Ray Rice’s lawyers are now proposing that the Ravens running back will meet jointly with the NFL, the Union and an arbitrator, in a one day sessions to determine whether his indefinite suspension was justified. Commissioner Roger Goodell would testify in the hearing.
- The Union and the NFL have agreed that female judge Barbara Jones will conduct the arbitration hearing into the Ray Rice domestic abuse suspension. The league and the union bypassed recommendations to hire two arbitrators who had worked in major league baseball cases.
- Colts tight end Dwayne Allen says players from all 32-NFL teams should volunteer to work in Domestic Abuse clinics in their respective cities, to show support for battered women. He is the first to volunteer on off days.