- Commissioner Roger Goodell-Union chief DeMaurice Smith meet for 4-hours to discuss new discipline program for players arrested and charged with crimes…Union demands due process and no discipline action until case is resolved…NFL wants to remove players from team’s roster and suspend their pay till case is resolved.
- Midnight deadline for 1800-NFL retired players to decide whether they are going to ‘opt out’ of 765M-concussion lawsuit settlement…Report about 170 have opted out so far, but lawsuits may still be coming to block distribution of money, saying some of payouts are unfair to badly injured players, and there is no money going forward for players who have health issues after they retire.
- NFL looks at video of Bengals LB-Vontaze Burfect-amidst Carolina allegations he tried to injure QB-Cam Newton four times on tackles, twisting his knee and ankles.
- Columnist in Washington Post says Redskins are “swindling the fans” by putting poor product on the field yearly, and by having a non-qualified agent (Bruce Allen) acting as a GM.
- Report that developers are proposing an ‘open air’ stadium for Rams to reduce massive cost of construction and are moving swiftly in meetings with Rams owner Stan Kroenke to try and sway him away from thought of moving into LA market.