- World Series…Game 1-Giants-Royals…San Francisco starts Madison Bumgarner, their ace, against right-hander James Shields….Royals have won 8-postseason games in a row-have not been to World Series since 1985…Giants shooting for their 3rd World Series ring in 5-years….Battle of Bullpens could be the key storyline….Royals relievers have a (0.69ERA)….(39-innings-33K-3R)…..Giants starters have (2.47ERA)……San Francisco bullpen (0.96ERA)…(28-innings-3R)….Royals have had 5-days off…Giants 4-days off….Kansas City has (.259) batting average in post season with 13-stolen bases-8HRs in 8-games….Giants (.244) batting average with only 5-HRs….Great matchup will be Royals base stealers-they have pilfered 166-stolen bases now for the year-vs-Giants MVP-Catcher Buster Posey.
- Boston…Offered Hitting coach job to longtime major league DH-Chili Davis.
- Yankees..Hire Gary Denbow-Senior VP Minor Leagues-replacing the departing Mark Newman.
- Seattle…Chris Young-P-ex Padres-wins vote for AL Comeback player of the year (12-5) 3.65-after struggling for 3-years to get healthy.
- Miami..Casey McGehee-3B-wins NL Comeback award.
- Chargers…Battered defense returns to practice field Tuesday for short week prep before Thursday night game in Denver…CB-Brandon Flowers-under concussion protocol….Coach Mike McCoy defends handling Flowers injury…suffered helmet-to-helmet hit with RB-Jamal Charles…Referee ordered him off field for evaluation….examined on sidelines…cleared and went back in to play-then started feeling side effects of concussion-did not play after that….Also ailing CB-Jason Verrett-shoulder.
- Broncos…Coach John Fox calls Chargers an NFC team..control the ball…try to pound your QB.
- Seahawks..Report that WR-Percy Harvin challenged QB-Russell Wilson to fight in locker-room in practice last week after not throwing him the ball during games…Wilson “It’s no one’s business-the locker room is our locker room.”
- Chicago…Angry implosion in locker room after loss to Miami..WR-Brandon Marshall calls out QB-Jay Cutler and other players..”Fight with your heart”…..”Mistake after mistake”….:”Team’s play is unacceptable.”
- Raiders…Coach Tony Sporano…Team (0-6)…”Tired of Oakland beating Oakland.”
- Redskins…Colt McCoy stays as starting QB…Kirk Cousins benched 9-interceptions..QB-Robert Griffin III-will go thru full practice on Wednesday.
- Browns..Reshuffle OL-“Failed Brian Hoyer”..went (16-41) in Jacksonville game.
- Bengals..Team wilting…got blasted by Patriots…then blanked by Colts.
- Panthers..Ron Rivera fuming..Panthers Defense, without 2-starting pass rushers, given up 195-P in 7-games.
- Jets…GM-John Idzik thinks his team pulled off “potential coup” with Percy Harvin trade for 6th round pick.
- Monday Night Football..Steelers-W-Texans (30-23)..Pittsburgh scores 24P in 3-minutes in 2nd quarter-hold off Houston comeback..Ben Roethlisberger (265P)…RB-LeVeon Bell (145APY)…Texans turned it over 3X…Houston QB-Ryan Fitzpatrick (262P) in loss.
- 49ers..C-Dan Kilgore to miss season with broken leg.
- Redskins..LB-Brian Orakpo-gone for year torn pectoral.
- Jaguars..LB-Paul Posluszny-will miss season-torn pectoral.
- Bills..Surgery RB-CJ Spiller-fractured collarbone-likely gone for year.
- Bengals..Exam-LB-Vontaze Burfect-no major neck damage.
- Colts..MRI-WR-Reggie Wayne-elbow…RB-Trent Richardson-hamstring.
- Giants..LB-Jon Beaston-reinjures toe
- Raiders..S-Usama Young-knee-will miss rest of season…Oakland has now lost both starting safeties for year.
- Lions..3-TEs hurt..Eeric Ebrokn-hamstring… Brandon Pettigrew-Leg… Joe Fauria-ankle
- Detroit…FA-TE-Kellen Davis-ex Bear.
- Falcons..FA-OT-Jon Scott-former Bear
- Rams..Release-WR-Austin Pettis.
- Archie Manning re-enters hospital for complications from knee replacement surgery.
- Seattle..Former lst round pick C-Robert Swift-detained in massive drug raid of house in Kirkland-used to make meth-heroin packages…confiscated 26-guns…tons of marijuana plants.
- Boston..G-Rajon Rondo-could be ready to play next week-coming off broken hand.
- NHL..Suspends-LA Kings-D-Slava Voynov-Felony domestic abuse and battery…Girlfriend suffered significant injuries…Hospital employees called police when Voynov brought the woman in…Arrested 3:45am-Monday…Held all day on $50,000-bond.
- Tampa Bay…Surgery-D-Victor Hedman-out 6W-broken hand.
- Tuesday-Top NHL Game…Red Wings (3-1-1) at Montreal (5-1).
- Oscar Pistorius…Judge in South Africa to hand down sentencing verdict in murder trial…Prosecutors demanded 10Y…Defense asked for Lifetime Probation…calling him a Broken Man and a financially broken man.
- NASCAR-NHRA..Mourning passing of Raymond Beadle…3X-drag racing champion who dethroned Don ‘Snake’ Prudhomme…then became NASCAR owner and built Tim Richmond’s championship team.