- C Doug Legursky is out for the season with a knee injury, meaning the team will have its fourth starting center of the season for Sunday’s game in Oakland….Among others to be monitored this week at RT D.J. Fluker (ankle), RB Donald Butler (concussion) and WR Malcom Floyd (calf).
- Tony Sparano starts his first game week as the interim head coach with reports circulating that Mike Holmgren has met team officials about the job…WR Kenbrell Thompkins was claimed from the Patriots.
- Coach Jim Harbaugh said he spoke with team CEO Jed York and that the meeting went well. There have been reports that Harbaugh’s approach has grown stale with his players.
- Banned DE Derrick Shelby indefinitely after an incident Saturday morning in a Fort Lauderdale nightclub.
- QB Geno Smith, who was benched in Sunday’s loss to the Chargers, apologized for missing a Monday meeting.
- OLB Bjoern Werner (ankle) missed practice on Monday, one day after after his first two-sack game.
- TE Julius Thomas said there was no ill will with his chop block of Cardinals DE Calais Campbell.
- Promoted WR Kevin Dorsey from the practice squad to the active roster.
- Coach Chip Kelly said Nick Foles problems result from sloppy footwork after he struggled in the win over the Rams.
- DE Chris Canty is out for a couple of weeks with an infection in is wrist.
- S Bernard Pollard is out for the year with a ruptured Achilles tendon.
- QB Mike Glennon will get the start against the Ravens.
- RB Adrian Peterson was unfairly portrayed, according to his agents, in a story about mismanagement with a charity he is involved with.
- RB Arian Foster is saying what most players think: Thursday night games put the players in danger.
- Coach Jim Caldwell said he might sight WR Calvin Johnson (ankle) this week…K Matt Prater will get a tryout after being released by the Broncos. This after the team released K Alex Henery.
- RB Rashad Jennings has a knee injury and could be out this week….Team released KR Trindon Holliday.
- Too much Russell Wilson does in Washington.
- Game 3 turned on Madison Bumgarner’s throwing error as the Nats stay alive in 4-1 win. Doug Fister heaved seven shutout innings.
- Lost to Nats in Game 3 snapped its 10-game postseason winning streak. Ryan Vogelsong will face Washington’s Gio Gonzalez in Game 4.
- Clayton Kershaw, who lost the opener of the NLDS, will start Game 4 on three days rest. Last year he pitched in an elimination game and the Cards ousted the Dodgers.
- C Yadier Molina will not face discipline for shoving an umpire in his dispute in Game 1 with the Dodgers’ Adrian Gonzalez.
- Get permission to interview A’s bench coach Chip Hale for team’s managerial position.
- Manager Clint Hurdle had hip replacement surgery.
- QB Treon Harris is under investigation for sexually assaulting a female student on Sunday morning.