- Peyton Manning survives a slow start, 3-series of 3-and-out in lst half, rips apart San Diego secondary in second half in (35-21) bomb job….Manning throws 3TD passes (286P)…Ronnie Hillman (105R)…..Emmanuel Sanders-Demaryius Thomas both go over 100Y-receptions….Philip Rivers (252P) and 3TDs-but 2-interceptions….Broncos 2QBX-11-pressures-6 hits on Rivers…Denver (6-1)…Bolts (5-3)…..Bad night again for Richard Marshall-Shareece Wright-Jason Verrett, combined gave up 13-completions-3TDs-took 3-major penalties.
– NFL Preview –
- Who are the real Bengals….Have not really recovered from beating to New England followed up by horror show (135Y-Offense) performance in Indianapolis…Injuries to WR-AJ Green and RB-Gio Bernard have hurt offense…LB-Vontaze Berfect plagued by nagging injuries….Ravens just continue to steamroll people on offense with Joe Flacco big yardage passes down the field and a running back by committee led by journeyman Justin Forsett…Baltimore bashes Bengals.
- Now it’s Colt McCoy’s turn to be the starter…Went (11-12) throwing the ball coming off the bench last weekend…problems everywhere…RB-Alfred Morris not as productive as last year…WR-DeSean Jackson in and out of the lineup…injuries on defense also…Cowboys go for 7th win in a row….DeMarco Murray averaging 29-touches a game at running back (913R)….OL-young and playing very well…QB-Tony Romo not throwing picks….new defensive front-LBs very active. Misery continues to Washington-Cowboys victory.
- Think Arizona will be amped for this one at home?….Carson Palmer managing games…playing ball control….Cardinals athletic defense preventing big plays…Philadelphia still explosive on offense playing at fast pace….Eagles defense trying to stay away from more injuries….Pick Arizona-it will be wild…
- They do this one in London and Falcons (2-5) will show they can lose in Europe too…Atlanta becoming huge disappointment over last two years..Coach Mike Smith in real jeopardy….Detroit defense sand-blasting opponents…Lions biding time on offense with continued ailments of Calvin Johnson-Reggie Bush….Detroit defense carries them to win.
- Jay Cutler taking hits from everyone-defenses-media-fans-now own teammates….Bad blowup in lockeroom last week not a good sign that Coach Mark Trestmann has control of team…Cutler keeps turning ball over….Patriots have Tom Brady-but you never know what offense will show up around him….New England really thin on defense…but too much for troubled Bears…Patriots find a way to win-or is it Cutler finds a way to lose another?
- This game might be over in under 2-hours….lots of running plays to run the clock…lots of defense…St. Louis using 3RBs…Chiefs heavy duty doss of Jamal Charles-Knile Davis and an occasional Alex Smith big play….Hope Rams enjoyed upset win last week…won’t win this week…Chiefs climb back into AFC West race with this win.
- Russell Wilson continues to make big plays, but RB-Marshawn Lynch not the big time contributor he was a year ago…Seahawks not the same team, not playoff hangover, but defection of at least 10-players who contributed last season in wide variety of roles….Cam Newton putting together some nice stats, but faces a tougher defense this weekend-even if it is in Charlotte….Might Seattle fall to (3-4)…I think so. Take Carolina in an upset.
- Aaron Rogers is rolling big time, throwing to everyone now, not just Jordy Nelson…RB by committee producing….Saints defense alarming-cannot get turnovers-cannot get off the field…Coordinator Rob Ryan keeps getting jobs…Drew Brees has banged up RB group, WRs not the same because injuries, and he cannot do it by himself….Packers pick up a win.
- Andrew Luck keeps putting up 300-plus yard games-productivity amazing….now run game picking up with Ahmad Bradshaw-Trent Richardson and he has depth at WR…Bigger story-how physical and bigger the defense is now compared to the Manning years….Tons of heat on everything in Pittsburgh, coach, coordinator, defense, play-calls….Aside from Roethlisberger-Bell-Brown, nothing else special with Steelers….Colts will win.
- Kyle Orton is the hero in Buffalo-keeping Bills competitive, but now has to go this weekend without RBs-Fred Jackson-CJ Spiller….Jim Schwartz has Bills defense riled up-posting really good numbers….Jets QB-Geno Smith had a very competitive game last week even in a loss, and now WR-Percy Harvin arrives via the trade with the Seahawks…Jets could pull off upset at home-especially with Bills run game way down…Picking Gang Green in a surprise.
- Cleveland took major step back in poor performance vs the Jaguars….Raiders just don’t have enough players aside from Derek Carr-QB….Think Browns will bounce back, gee you better not lose back to back to Jacksonville-Oakland….Raiders (0-6)-worst start since 1962 AFL days before Al Davis took over control of the team…Cleveland wins this.
- QB-Ryan Tannehill coming off a strong outing last week in win in Chicago…Dolphins still searching for run game….Blake Bortels turning ball over at alarming rate (17 Quarters-12 Turnovers-14 QBX)….Jags defense growing…I take Jacksonville in upset.
- Titans commit to rookie QB-Zach Mettenberger…3rd different starter this season….Houston staying with Ryan Fitzpatrick, but public confidence in him shaken…RB-Arian Foster starting to roll again after a year of health issues….Surprisingly bad start for Ken Whisenhunt team….It gets worse-picking Houston.
- QB-Teddy Bridgewater having tons of problems reading defenses….Sacks-Picks are the result….Bucs coming off bye, coming off 3-horrid blowouts…Big QB debate Mike Glennon-vs-Josh McCoun…RB-Doug Martin not look like strong rookie of two seasons ago prior to injuries…Bucs defense awful….Color this one Purple upset win for Vikings.