- Battered defensive front gets help…Sign FA-DE-Doug Worthington-just released by Redskins (6’5-318) to backup Corey Liuget-bigger body should help against the run…Release Dam Scafe-shoulder injury-headed to IR.
- DE-Frostee Rucker moved inside DT to replace injured Pro Bowl Darnell Dockett-gone for year with knee injury…Cardinals offered contract to veteran Steelers-DE-Brett Kiesel-rejected it.
- Falcons sign FA-OT-Pat McQuistan-former Dallas Cowboy…Lose TE-Mickey Schuler-concussion.
- TE-Owen Daniel remains out with leg fatigue-undergoing exams on tissue.
- Bears sign FA-KR-Darius Reynaud-NYJets…Release-LS-Chad Remple from CFL.
- Bengals lose TE-Ty Eifert-shoulder injury.
- Coach Mike Pettine says Johnny Manziel’s action-flipping finger to Redskins bench, shows lack of poise-focus…Browns postpone naming opening season QB after Brian Hoyer (2-6) and Manziel (2-7) play so poorly in Monday night game.
- CBs Brandon Carr and Mo Claiborne practice together for first time in 4-weeks.
- RB-Montee Ball returns to practice after appendectomy.
- Release CB-Drayton Florence.
- Activate Brandon Brooks-OG-been out all camp on PUP list.
- Lawyers for owner Jim Irsay ask for delay in DUI-drug trial of owner Jim Irsay…Colts lose S-Delano Howell-career threatening neck injury.
- Jaguars bench OC-Mike Brewster-problems with fumbled snaps and pass blocking.
- WR-Dwayne Bowe misses practice with quad injury…DE’s Mike DeVito and Mike Catapano return to practice from injuries.
- Release RB-Cam Marshall-Arizona State…K-Caleb Sturgis out with groin injury.
- NFL suspends WR-Jerome Simpson 3G for DUI arrest after involvement last year with marijuana issues.
- TE-Rob Gronkowski catches 7 passes in full contact workouts…DT-Dom Easely first full practice coming off knee surgery at Florida State…LB-Jarrod Mayo-first full practice also.
- QB-Eli Manning not panicked over struggling offense…QB (3-10) 40Y in 3 preseason games…WRs-Victor Cruz Reuben Randle 1Reception in 3-games.
- Surgery on WR-Shaq Evans-UCLA-shoulder-headed to IR.
- Raiders defense under siege…lst string defense has allowed Matt Stafford-Matt Cassell (14-16) 150Y-3TD in two games….WR-Brice Butler-concussion…FB-Marcel Reese-MRI on foot….QB-Derek Carr cleared to practice after concussion…CB-DJ Hayden begins running drills with trainers to test injured foot.
- Release LB-Jason Phillips….WRs-Jeremy Maclin, Riley Cooper, Jordan Matthews all on practice field.
- Sign OT-Marcus Gilbert to 6Y-extension….WR-Martavis Bryant criticized for ‘taking plays off’…Ben Roethlisberger new no huddle offense (2TD-1FG) in 3 possessions.
- Activate OT-Anthony Davis from PUP coming off shoulder surgery.
- Terrelle Pryor will stay at QB…so far (10-20) 147Y-passing in two games.
- DE-Da’Quan Bowers-groin injury…CB-Mike Jenkins-calf
- QB-Charley Whitehurst remains out with hand injury.
- QB-RG3 under criticism for poor play in pocket on Monday night…”Needs to stop hero act”..refuses to learn how to slide-now has bruised thigh from heavy hits.