Mayor’s Task Force committee on the Chargers Stadium issue runs into controversy –
- 2-Councilmen criticize the Mayor not having more diversity on the 9-member panel.
- Councilmen criticize the Mayor for allowing no public access to the information the task force gathers.
- Charge the task force does not represent labor groups or minorities.
- Ted Gloria and David Alvarez want monthly reports from the task force and list of expense.
- Jan Goldsmith-City Attorney says the Task Force in a private group acting as an advisory committee.
- Says there is no legal obligation to release information until their recommendation is made to the mayor.
- Says there is no legal obligation either to hold any public meetings.
- Mayor Kevin Faulconer called this a private group of volunteer businessmen with the time and resources to help the city.
- Mayor promises full open disclosure of their report once recommendations are made.
- Mayor says there will be public hearings once probe is completed.
- Mayor says the 9-members are unpaid volunteers serving the city.
Please follow and like us: